East Bay Waldorf School is currently hiring:
The School Administrator will oversee the administrative and business operations of the school, and provide guidance, leadership and support to a faculty and staff of over 40 dedicated colleagues. The School Administrator will work closely with the school’s faculty, staff and parent community, helping to forge a framework of communication, collaboration and mission-driven service orientation. The School Administrator reports to the Board of Trustees, a Board that is deeply committed to the school’s mission, and to, with the school’s faculty and staff, mapping out a sustainable future for East Bay Waldorf School.
- A commitment to Waldorf education and the study of Anthroposophy. It is essential that the administrator be aligned with the mission, culture and life of the school.
- A high level of energy and integrity, combined with demonstrated leadership, organizational, communication and collaboration skills.
- Must be proactive, proficient and enthusiastic about offering a progressive Waldorf education, with a deep love of schools and working with young people and families in and out of the classroom.
- S/he will be ready to roll up their sleeves each day to tackle whatever challenges or projects–large and small–need to be addressed, and to take ownership until the best solutions are found.
- Our administrator must be open-minded and comfortable with change and conflict, while exuding the calm and confidence of a seasoned navigator.
- Flexibility and a sense of humor are vital, as is the ability to work well across the many constituencies within our school community. The administrator must have the ability to manage conflict resolution with clarity, equipoise and diplomacy.
- Significant experience as Administrator/Principal/School Director
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in related field required
- Experience in building teams with the ability to accomplish work while sustaining unity and morale throughout faculty and staff
- Demonstrated ability to build/sustain enrollment
- Proven fiscal management skills, financial acumen and experience developing and managing budgets
- Experience with funding development, advancement and community relations
- Proven experience with human resources policies, procedures and practices, including the ability to hire and retain talented faculty and staff
- Must be able to work regular hours and occasional evenings and weekends
Roles and Responsibilities
- The School Administrator is the central figure in overseeing non-pedagogical operations of the school. S/he carries the day-to-day operations of the school, including exercising fiscal, budgetary and employment authority in managing resources and risk in collaboration with designated groups and individuals.
- Crucial to successfully carrying out these responsibilities, the School Administrator must be comfortable with and capable of the practices of servant leadership: sharing power, putting the needs of others first and helping people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- The School Administrator leads and manages the administrative staff, having direct oversight of the Business Manager, Office Manager, Enrollment Director, Development Director, Facilities and Site Team Leader, and a Marketing Associate.
- S/he works in close collaboration with pedagogical leadership and the faculty in support of the school’s educational mission. The School Administrator is also responsible for and conscious of the overall parent experience, work to build a positive environment for our community that fosters happy families and strong enrollment.
- The Administrator embodies, advocates and executes the mission and values of the school while also serving as the primary spokesperson for the school on all non-pedagogical matters.
- Chairs the Management team responsible for coordination and communication of all school activities and operations
- Attends monthly Board meetings, providing written staff update reports
- Oversees all human resources policies and practices. Responsible, in consultation with Management Team and HR Committee, for personnel matters
Salary and competitive benefits package commensurate with experience including tuition remission, medical, dental, vision, and 403B.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter, articulating why you believe you are best suited for the position, and a resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries, please. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The East Bay Waldorf School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants of any color, race, gender, sexual orientation, and all ethnic, national, cultural, social and religious backgrounds.