East Bay Waldorf School is currently hiring:
The East Bay Waldorf School is seeking an experienced colleague to join our team. The Pedagogical Administrator is a senior management position and provides administration for the pedagogical work of East Bay Waldorf School, an early childhood through 8th grade Waldorf School. The nature of this working environment requires an orientation toward service and collaboration.
- Leadership Council Member, attends section meetings (on rotation) for LS, MS, and Subjects
- Primary spokesperson for the school regarding pedagogy, child development, curriculum and teaching methods
- Works closely with the College and Leadership Council in areas of curriculum development, teaching rubrics, and classroom policy.
- Point person for the school on resolution of parent concerns regarding pedagogy, quality of instruction and other related issues.
- Responsible, in consultation with Administrator and Leadership Council for Personnel matters regarding teaching staff.
- Responsible for supporting recruitment of new faculty.
- Work with Administrator, Finance Committee and Board of Trustees to develop and implement an annual budget for school operations. providing particular oversight in the area of pedagogical supplies, staffing and program requirements.
- Work with College and Leadership Council to establish calendar, programs, and schedule for each school year.
- Supports the application and interview process for new students in coordination with the Enrollment Manager.
- Observe classes throughout the year and provide support and resources for children and teachers.
- Hold evaluations with Leadership Council and HR Committee
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Expertise in guiding faculty and staff participation using a collaborative style of decision-making
- Ability to work in both supportive and supervisory roles
- Experience in Human Resource policies and procedures
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written, including proficiency with email and word-processing
- Ability to facilitate and lead group meetings
- Ability to collaborate well with multiple stakeholders at the school, i.e. parents, faculty, College of Teachers, Board, Administration, etc…
- Ability to manage conflict resolution with clarity, equipoise and diplomacy when situations arise in parent or faculty body
- Strong analytic and procedural thinking
- Ability to organize on both global and local levels
- Willingness and commitment to serve; “servant leader”
- Emotional maturity, unwavering in the face of highly emotional encounters
- Receptive to the existing culture and life of the school
REQUIRED QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Waldorf Teaching Certification
- Previous employment in private Waldorf School with significant teaching experience at the grade school level
- A deep understanding of Waldorf pedagogy
- Ability to align with the mission of the school and the social vision of Rudolf Steiner
- Bachelor’s degree
Program Description: Music reading basics are introduced in 3rd grade. Students take up a string instrument for the first time in 4th grade and begin orchestra, together with private lessons, once a week. 5th and 6th graders have orchestra twice a week. 7th and 8th graders may choose orchestra as a combined elective twice a week. Each class is 15-20 students. We emphasize procedure and experience over product and performance.
Job Description: We seek an experienced teacher to bring strings orchestra to beginning 4th-8th grade students. Familiarity with Waldorf education is a plus. You should have strong classroom management skills, and an ability to bring structure in a joyful environment. You will work with the choir teacher and class teachers to select music that supports the curriculum. The rate is $45 per 45 minute lesson for 7 lessons, plus one prep period. Classes take place on Thursdays and Fridays 10:15am-3:30pm. Additional hours for Thursday afternoon meetings are also possible. Some Saturday availability for school events is required, such as Spring Concert and May Faire. May be combined with Eurythmy Accompanist position if qualified.
Eurythmy Piano Accompanist:
Program Description: Third through 8th grade students enjoy eurythmy movement classes with piano accompaniment for a total of up to 12 periods per week. Classes take place in a large eurythmy room with a beautiful Steinway piano for classical music. Each class is 12-20 students.
Job Description: We seek a piano accompanist who has experience working with children. You should be able to learn classical pieces quickly, and also sight read well. Improvisation to set a mood when asked is a plus. You must be able to start, stop, and take direction from the eurythmy teacher as she leads students through dance choreography. The hourly rate is $50 and hour for approximately 15 hours per week including prep time and the possibility of some recess duties. Hours are Monday through Thursday 10:15am-3:30pm, with one morning starting at 9am weekly. May be combined with Orchestra teacher position if qualified.
Candidates should familiarize themselves with the school via this website prior to applying. Please send your resume, along with a letter of interest, highlighting your teaching experience, life experience, qualifications and strengths. In addition, please include three references that we may contact. Please submit an email resume to: email@example.com.
The East Bay Waldorf School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants of any color, race, gender, sexual orientation, and all ethnic, national, cultural, social and religious backgrounds.